Wednesdays in October
In October we have plenty of fun movies for your children in grades three through five, along with activities that include Lego building, craft projects, and board games! Pal-Mac intermediate students will need to have a parent send a letter of permission to be released to the library directly from school.
Here’s an overview of what we’ll be showing:
Wednesday, October 2
Aladdin (2019 live action version with Will Smith as the genie)
- Kind-hearted street urchin Aladdin vies for the love of the beautiful princess Jasmine, the princess of Agrabah. When he finds a magic lamp, he uses the genie’s magic power to make himself a prince in order to marry her. He is also on a mission to stop the powerful Jafar, who plots to steal the magic lamp that could make his darkest wishes come true.
Wednesday, October 9
- Bolt, an American white shepherd, has lived his whole life on the set of his action TV show, where he believes he has superpowers. When separated from the studio by accident, he meets an alley cat named Mittens and a hamster named Rhino, who help him find the way home, to the studio. But along the way, he must learn that he doesn’t have superpowers and that the show is not real.
Wednesday, October 16
- In a world filled with Mad Scientists and Evil Inventions, one talented evil scientist’s hunch-backed lab assistant has big dreams of becoming a Mad Scientist himself and winning the annual Evil Science Fair.
Wednesday, October 23
- On Halloween, while Marnie is arguing with her mother, her grandmother Aggie comes to visit. Aggie wants to start Marnie’s witch training before her 13th birthday or Marnie will lose her powers forever. But there is another reason for Aggie’s visit. Something dark & evil is growing in Halloweentown & Aggie wants help to defeat it.
Wednesday, October 30
Goosebumps 2: Haunted Halloween
- Three years after the nearly catastrophic events that took place in Goosebumps, R.L. Stine’s monstrous creations—including the vengeful doll, Slappy the Dummy—come to life when best friends Sam and Sonny find a mysterious book. With Halloween just around the corner, the unsuspecting citizens of Wardenclyffe, New York, must brace themselves for yet another endless nightmare, as the boys inadvertently unleash unfathomable terrors.