Saturday, May 4
Would you like to feel like you’re doing something good for someone while honing your craft skills? Join this program led by community member Cathy Zollweg, who will teach participants how to crochet preemie caps for donation to local hospitals. She will have step-by-step instructions so you can learn the basic crochet stitches needed. At the end of the session, you should be able to complete one cap.
Please join us, whether you’re a beginner or an experienced crocheter. For those who are experienced, pre-printed instructions will be available with a variety of crochet stitches. For beginners, just two stitches will be used.
Participants are asked to bring the following:
- 1 skein Bernat Softee baby yarn or similar sport or baby yarn (no wool content). Can be found at Michaels, Joann Fabric, or Amazon. Colors suggested: any but yellow and blue.
- Crochet Hook: size E to G. If you’re a beginner, go for a G hook.
- Additional yarn to create trim and/or tassels (optional).
- Plastic fork (optional).
- Large eye needle or carpet needle for finishing (optional).
- Scissors (optional).
- Sewing tape measure (optional).