The Macedon Public Library currently has an opening for the position of Treasurer. The Treasurer will be hired by the Macedon Public Library’s Board of Trustees as a contractor to work for an hourly wage of $10 to $15 per hour commensurate with prior experience. The position will require working between 8-32 hours per month (the number of hours will fluctuate depending upon workload connected to state and annual reports). This position reports to the Macedon Public Library Board of Trustees and the Director of the Macedon Public Library.
The principal duties of the Treasurer shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Attend all regularly scheduled Macedon Public Library Board of Trustee meetings once per month.
- Maintain basic knowledge of the organization and personal commitment to its goals and objectives.
- Understand financial accounting for nonprofit organizations and be able to use Quickbooks as a means of financial reporting.
- Serve as a member of the finance committee to assist in the creation of the annual budget.
- Aid in the presentation of the annual budget to the Macedon Town Board.
- Work with the Director to ensure all state and municipal reporting is completed accurately and on time.
- Work with the Director and the Finance Officer to ensure that appropriate financial and monthly budget reports are made available to the board.
- Examine all bank statements and reconcile accounts in a timely matter.
- Examine all invoices and vouchers carefully before entering into Quickbooks.
- Working with the Director and Board Finance Officer; provide the board with a variety of monthly budget reports to include, but not limited to: consolidated balance sheet and consolidated income and expense report, and a programmatic budget report showing year-to-date performance against annual budget.
- Provide a year-end report summarizing the total income and expense activity for the year and a year-end programmatic budget report showing performance against annual budget.
- Examine all payroll reports to ensure accuracy in reporting and disbursement.
- File the 990 report online.
- File the Municipal AUD report online.
- Minimum: Associates Degree in accounting/book keeping
- 2 – 5 years experience with book keeping in a non-for-profit environment
- Experience with Quickbooks
Those interested in applying should send a cover letter describing their qualifications, a resume and three references to:
Macedon Public Library
Attn: President Warren Jeffries
30 Main Street
Macedon, NY 14502
Or email to: email@example.com