Tuesday, May 7
Come to this program and do something nice for a tiny baby while you work on your crocheting skills! Community member Cathy Zollweg will teach participants how to crochet preemie cocoons and booties for donation to local hospitals. She’ll provide step-by-step instructions so you can learn the basic crochet stitches needed for these simple items. At the end of the session, you’ll have completed at least one cocoon or pair of booties.
Join us even if you’re a crochet beginner. For those who are experienced, pre-printed instructions will be available with a variety of crochet stitches. For beginners, just two stitches will be used—and we’ll show you how to do them.
Participants are asked to bring the following:
- 1 skein Bernat Softee Baby Yarn or similar sport or baby yarn (no wool content). You’ll find it at Michaels, Joann Fabric, or Amazon. Colors suggested: any but yellow and blue.
- Crochet Hook: size E to G. If you’re a beginner, go with a G hook.
- Additional yarn to create trim and/or tassels (optional).
- Plastic fork (optional).
- Large eye needle or carpet needle for finishing (optional).
- Scissors (optional).
- Sewing tape measure (optional).
Hope to see you there!
Photo by Anastasia Zhenina from Pexels