Tuesday, September 25
All Day (10:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m.)
We know, it happens. You move, and forget to update your voting registration. Or maybe you haven’t had the chance to vote in the past, and never registered. Whatever your reason, The Macedon Public Library wants to help you to prepare for your most important civic duty with a voter registration day on the 25th. In this day and age of political turmoil and vital issues, can you afford not to?
We’ll be here to help you register throughout the entire day. And, if you’d like further inducement to stop by, we’ll have cupcakes for the first 100 people who show up! When you arrive, you’ll have the choice between filling in a paper form to register, or using one of the library computers to register online. You’ll need a driver’s license or your social security number to do so.
In addition to helping with voter registration, the library will also have local candidates stopping by the library to meet and greet potential voters.
- At 11:00 a.m., Scott Comegys will be stopping by. Comegys is running for N.Y. State Assembly District 130 on the Democratic and Working Family tickets.
- Republican incumbent Senator Pam Helming (R,C,IP), will meet with constituents at 3:00 p.m.
- Brian Manktelow is slated to be available from 5:00 p.m. until 7:00 p.m. Manktelow is running for N.Y. State Assembly District 130 on the Republican, Conservative, and Independent tickets.
- Kenan Baldridge plans to be on hand from 6:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m. Baldridge is running as a Democratic Party, Working Families Party, and Women’s Equality Party candidate.
- A representative of Congressman John Katko’s (R) campaign will be reaching out as the congressman will be in Washington. The time of this representative’s arrival has not yet been determined.
- Dana Balter (D), who is running against Congressman Katko to represent New York’s 24th District, has appointed campaign member John Deer to attend on her behalf.
So don’t delay: the 2018 elections are coming soon, and it’s time for you to stand up and let your vote be counted.